We completed the FEED/EPCM contract for a complete concrete gravity-based structure (GBS) LNG terminal for this 750 MMSCFD LNG receiving and regasification terminal. Our initial scope included:
- Conceptual development
- Pre-FEED studies
- FEED and a detailed cost estimate for the detailed engineering and construction
The EPCM scope of work included:
- Selection and management of subcontractors
- Technical support and development of documents for permit support to the local authorities
We were also responsible for global procurement of the equipment and materials of the LNG terminal. The GBS was constructed in Algeciras, Spain, in a graving dock designed specifically for the GBS construction. The graving dock is now a container port off the coast of Venice, Italy.
The design for the LNG terminal, operated as a base load facility 365 days per year, allows removal of critical equipment for maintenance without requiring a complete terminal shutdown.
Approximately every third day, an LNG carrier arrives with 145,000 m3 of LNG, which is pumped into the two storage tanks with a total volume of 250,000 m3 inside the GBS.
- First offshore GBS terminal in the world
- Designed for >98% availability