IHI E&C prepared a comprehensive Front End Engineering Design (FEED) package and capital cost estimate for the Medicine Bow Industrial Gasification and Liquefaction Plant that will produce 10,500 BPD of sulfur free 87 octane gasoline from coal. Other product streams include CO2 (for enhanced oil recovery – EOR), LPG and molten sulfur.
The major process blocks are:
- Coal Storage and Handling
- Slurry Preparation (GE technology)
- Gasification (GE technology)
- CO Shift
- Acid Gas Removal (UOP’s Selexol technology)
- Methanol Synthesis (Davy Process Technology – Low Pressure Methanol technology)
- Methanol-to-Gasoline (ExxonMobil MTG technology)
- Air Separation Unit
- World scale Coal-to-Liquids (CTL) plant
- Four licensed technologies
- Scope included development of front end design and AACE Class 2 capital cost estimate
- Projects executed from IHI E&C’s office in Houston, TX, U.S.A.
- Duration: 11 months