IHI E&C engineered and constructed two methanol plants (Plant II & III) for Methanex Chile Ltd. in Punta Arenas, Chile. Plant II was designed for a methanol production capacity of 2,700 metric tonnes per day (MTPD) and Plant III for 3,000 MTPD.
- Two world scale methanol plants at remote location
- Scope included basic design, detailed design, procurement , construction and start-up assistance
- Lump-sum EPC contracts
- Projects executed from IHI E&C’s office in Houston, TX, U.S.A.
- Global procurement
- Innovative logistics to minimize shipping cost
- Contract award to performance test: 25 months